Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Garden Journal

I have been meaning to write about what I have been doing in my garden.

Monday June 1, 2009
-I weeded The Flower Patch
-I watered lettuce, peas, cucumbers.

My cucumbers are not up yet and my tomatoes never grew. I am growing my melons and some more tomatoes in a flat I hope to get them fairly good size before I set them out. I hope to reduce the bug population before then. I am sure keeping the weeds down has helped.

Tuesday it rained so I didn't go out into the garden at all.

Wednesday today

I weeded the flower bed out by the mailbox. Watered all my new plants in the front and back yard. Flowers, Hostas, hanging baskets, beans, lettuce, carrots, green onions, zucchini, peas, cucumbers (If they don't sprout soon I will replant)

I have fertilized all my vegetables with an organic all purpose fertilizer from Garden Supply company. I do it that way since it claims that you only have to fertilize once since it is a slow release formula. I have had good success since I am so bad at doing that every week or two. I also fertilized the raspberries and mulched them with Nutra-Mulch which you can get at IFA sometimes you can find it at one of the local nurseries in town at least here in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment